What kind of Personal Information we collect and hold
Personal Information is information that identifies you or could reasonably identify you, such as your name, the name of your business or your address. We only collect and hold Personal Information that is absolutely vital to allow us to function in the way that you require, namely, to seamlessly and regularly create accurate Payslips for your staff at the touch of a button. To achieve this, we must collect and hold the following information:
- your name and contact details;
- your business name(s);
- the names and addresses of the staff on your payroll;
- the tax file numbers of the staff on your payroll;
- the superfund details of the staff on your payroll;
- employee entitlements of your staff;
- necessary ABNs and ACNs;
- your transaction histories;
- bank account details for you and your staff; and
- details of our communication history.
We also collect your credit card or payment details that you use whilst purchasing Easy Pay Slip app. However, we do not hold this information. This information is collected through a secure payment gateway, and is not held by us.
We also collect Personal Information about you when you engage with our website, such as through site performance indicators, analytics, social network sign-ins, widgets and buttons, third party polling and surveys and other embedded content on our website.
We may access Personal Information from your mobile device when you download and use our mobile application from the Apple Store or Google Play store, including your Apple Store or Google Play account details and other data stored on your mobile device such as photos and address books where you consent to that access.
Why we collect your personal information
We only collect, hold and/or use the Personal Information you provide to us to the extent that is necessary, to facilitate and enhance your user experience of the Easy Pay Slip app. Should we fail to hold this Personal Information you would need to re-enter this information each time you used the Easy Pay Slip App. Specifically, we collect, hold, and use your Personal Information to provide our services to you and to manage our business, including:
- enabling you to download and use our Mobile Application;
- creating your Personal Account to access and facilitate your usage of the Easy Pay Slip app;
- providing you with access to our Payroll Application and Payroll Website;
- to allow you to create your Personal User Preferences;
- to allow you to easily connect and communicate with us;
- to process payment for the use of the Easy Pay Slip app;
- to provide support and technical help when you need it;
- to provide you with updates to the Easy Pay Slip app and any other related information we think may be of use to you;
- to send you information about our services, or the services of any third party, that we think may be of interest to you, provided you have provided your consent to this;
- to develop and maintain our business systems and infrastructure;
- for research and development;
- to develop training materials for our staff;
- for any purpose disclosed to you and to which you have consented; and
How we collect and Hold Personal Information
We will collect your Personal Information through our interactions with you, including: when you sign up for an online account with us, and interact with us through our website and application, namely;
- when you download and register to use our mobile application;
- when you upload further Personal Information into the Easy Pay Slip app;
- when you conduct transactions through our website or mobile application;
- when you contact us for technical, product or website related support; and
- when you want us to answer your queries related to our products and services.
We take our approach to security of your Personal Information extremely seriously. We do not hold your credit card or payment details. We only collect credit card or payment details through a secure payment gateway. We do not store these on file.
We do not share your Personal Information with any third party, organisation and/or body unless legally enforced to do so, or you formally request us to do so.
We do not make any reporting and/or sharing of your Personal Information with any third party, organisation and/or body unless legally enforced to do so, or you formally request us to do so.
How we Secure Your Personal Information
We constantly and consistently take the most updated available technical steps to ensure that the Personal Information we collect and hold is always protected and secure. These steps ensure to the best of current ability that your Personal Information is protected against loss, unauthorised access, disclosure (direct and indirect), modification and any other misuse.
These steps include password protection for all of our IT systems, use of payment gateways, regular monitoring of our IT systems against virus and malware. In addition, your Personal Information is securely destroyed or de-identified when we are no longer required to maintain it.
If you have any questions, you can always contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How You can Access Your Personal Information
You have a right to request access to your Personal Information at any time. Should you wish to access your Personal Information you should contact us via the contact details set out below. We will seek to respond to your request for access within a reasonable time.
Please bear in mind that under the Privacy Act, there may be situations where we cannot provide access to your Personal Information, such as if it would affect someone else’s privacy, or may pose a threat to someone’s life, health or safety. If we refuse to give you access to any of your Personal Information, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal and the provisions of the Privacy Act that we rely on to refuse access. You can contact our Customer Service Helpdesk if you would like to challenge our decision to refuse access.
We may recover the reasonable costs of our response to a request for access to Personal Information.
How you can Correct your Personal Information
You have a right to have the Personal Information we hold in relation to you corrected. We do what we can to keep your Personal Information up to date, complete and accurate at all times. Where we believe that Personal Information that we hold requires correction, we will take reasonable steps to correct it. You may also request that we correct the Personal Information we hold about you by contacting us using the details set out below, and we will endeavour to assist you.
We will aim to respond to your written request within a reasonable timeframe. We will respond to your request by phone or by email.
Using and disclosing personal information
We will only use and disclose your Personal Information for purposes communicated to you at the time of collection, for purposes directly related to our business activities, for purposes required or permitted by law and for any purpose for which you have consented. We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties including our related companies, agents, contractors, business partners and suppliers, government or regulatory authorities, our external service providers, and other parties where you have consented or where required or authorised by law.
We may use your Personal Information to send you advertising and/or promotional material, [including that of third parties,] that is customised to your interests, preferences or location.
Questions and complaints
Australian Privacy Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
SYDNEY NSW 2001
Telephone: 1300 363 992
Easy Pay Slip Pty Ltd
PO Box 819
SPIT JUNCTION 2088
Telephone: (02) 8084 9222